This beautiful print is taken from an extremely rare book of watercolors known as the ‘Kometenbuch’, or ” Comet Book”, that was produced in Flanders or NE France in 1587. Only two editions are known to exist and the author and illustrator are unknown.
The paintings depict the appearances and mythologies of comets throughout history up until the Middle Ages, detailing comet events that were said to trigger wars and fires and other societal shifts.
The prints reproduce the originals in amazing accuracy and are printed on the highest quality Archival Watercolor Paper. These are truly rare and remarkable works of art that would seem to have inspired later generations of artists such as Turner and Blake.
• Highest Quality Giclée Print
• 255gsm Heavyweight Premium 100% Cotton Archival Fine Art Paper
• Fine Art Print – Not a Poster!
• Archival Pigment Ink
• Made in Los Angeles, USA
• Multiple sizes available
• Large Sizes available
• Original and restored designs
• Custom sizes and colors upon request
• Unframed Print unless you choose a framed option
There are no reviews yet.